Wednesday, April 21, 2010

what works for you?

This year I've been really lucky that my job has given me great exercise. I didn't know if it would, but it has been awesome (I've actually lost almost 6 lbs. from my pre-pregnancy weight.) Now that I'm quitting, I'm trying to figure out what I should do to ensure that I get exercise. Before I had Ella I had a gym pass and loved it. I'm not sure if that would be the best option for me now though becasue I don't know when I would go. Gustavo leaves for work at about 5:30 in the morning so there is no way I can go before he leaves. I could go at night after putting Ella to bed, but I don't know if I really would because if I have time I know that I'd love to spend it with Gustavo. I thought about buying a jogging stroller, but Ella hates strollers. I also thought about buying an elliptical for the house because that is the machine I always use at the gym and I love running. We don't really have space, but we could make some right? Well, I've just been thinking about my options and want to know what works for you? How do you other mamas get your exercise? I know all of our schedules and responsibilities are different, but I'd love to hear how you do it so I have more ideas!

5 comments:

Brittany said...

Braylee likes strollers, so in the nice weather we walk. They doesn't really help you though :)

Jason and Kristin said...

We broke down and bought me a treadmill. It is totally in the way but I love it dearly! I'm also a huge fan of Jillian Michaels DVD's.

Alysha said...

It is funny that I am even commenting on this post, because we both know how much I work out ;) My elliptical is in our living room. It's not the prettiest, but whenever I do use it, it is nice to watch TV. You are welcome to come and use it anytime and I will play with Ella. I can totally help you out this summer. I would be willing to play with Ella anytime you would like to work out. After all, I owe you big time! And can I just say how impressed I am with you and your project. The room looks great. Way to be Syd!

Megan, John and kids said...

Right now it's not working for me, but in the past having a membership to a YMCA (I know they don't have those in Utah), but at least a fitness center that had babysitting was a life-saver. It was great to get the workout in, and it was even better to just feel like I had some Lucy-free time. She also liked the stroller better than Eowyn and so I could jog with her some days. I've also done home exercise videos at night after I put the kiddos down. Good luck, I hope you find something that works for you.

fightingfour said...

Duh! Eat, Sleep, ZUMBA! What else is there Syd???