Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Ella update

Ella is such a cute little stink. She has her second top tooth coming in right now and it looks like at least 2 more are coming soon. I wish teething didn't bother her so much. Her newest discovery is the light switch by her crib. We'll be rearranging her room soon (I didn't think about that when I set up the nursery).
Ella loves spaghetti! She is still a very finicky eater. She used to love grapes and strawberries, but now she has decided not to even try them. Hopefully she gets over that soon. She likes peas, but those are the only vegetable she eats consistently. She signs that she wants crackers all day long. We try not to give her more than a few each day, except for during church (we use any tricks we can to keep her happy during those three long hours.) She loves yogurt, pears, cheese, mandarin oranges, wheat bread (she still refuses to eat white, but I don't mind), pasta, beans, and ANY kind of treat (she is definitely my daughter).
Ella is walking! It took her awhile, but within the past few days she's started walking most of the time. While transitioning into walking she started doing the bear walk- keeping her legs straight and sticking her bum up in the air. She still does this sometimes (especially while wearing dresses.) I can see more of her independent spirit coming out with this new milestone. I would usually categorize Ella as a clingy baby, but now she doesn't even want to hold my finger when she is walking. I'm sure this independence will continue to get stronger, but in most instances she's still a mama's girl who LOVES to give kisses and snuggle.

4 comments:

Hudson Family said...

I love it. I love her little hair bow in the first picture!!! She is so cute. Looks just like Gustavo, I think. But I am not very good at that. But she is definitely "familiar".

Tenille Gates said...

Shes a doll ♥ how fun that shes walking now..shes soon to be into everything ;0)

Brittany said...

So adorable! Don't worry, Braylee is super independent but definitely still a momma's girl.

Jason and Kristin said...

Ella is so lucky that you are keeping such good track of her growing up. It'll be nice too to compare each month with your other children. Her hair is getting so long and so much compared to before. We need to make time to play again soon.