Saturday, April 17, 2010

Deployment

As most of you know Gustavo was deployed for 5 weeks and came home April 2nd. It has been SO nice having him home. Some of you may have imagined him in the middle east or in some depressing situation. I know that I don't typically think of paradise and deployment being simultanious, but in his case it was. He was deployed with Lance and Paul who are 2 of his good friends from work.
This is the view from right outside of his hotel room. The hotel has a private beach.

He went to the beach almost every day.

He got scuba certified before leaving and was able to go diving over 20 times while he was gone.

He saw all sorts of incredible fish. I'll post more pictures of what he saw later.

4 comments:

Tenille Gates said...

Thats rad...to bad you couldnt go with him! I bet youre so happy to have him back ♥

Jason and Kristin said...

Oh, how do you not be jealous of that!!!

Megan, John and kids said...

I'm very glad that Tavo is back, and it looks like he was having a much better time being away than you were back at home without him. Was it his camera that was taking the underwater pictures? Or did someone else take them? I want to know about that for when we move.

the.kim.peterson said...

That is just a sweet deal all around. Oh, and Hello Syd, how are you?