Wednesday, April 14, 2010

funny stuff

As a teacher kids tell me funny things all of the time. I never remember to write things down though. One of these days I am going to post the funny things I can still remember my first graders saying, but for now I am just going to write the comments that stick out from this year.


Yesterday I was asking a class what they need to do to be healthy. Of course most students in other classes answered the way I expected: eat fruits and vegetables, drink lots of water, exercise, etc. This little first grader raised his hand excitedly and responded, "Avoid pornography." Not what I expected, but definitely a good thing.

The first day of school I asked students what PE is. One girl raised her hand and while smiling at me said, "The teacher is nice." I said thanks although I wasn't sure if she was referring to me and she wasn't answering my question. Sure enough 20 minutes later while I was teaching the students our warm up routine she raised her hand and in an aggravated voice asked, "Where is Mrs. Smith?" She was the PE teacher last year.

As a class of first graders was finishing up their PE session I overheard a student say in an exhausted tone, "I'm sweating worse than my dad."

While we were doing a simple basketball shooting drill one of the sixth graders said to me, "Let's face it Mrs. Gonzalez, I'm a video game kid not a sports kid."

5 comments:

Tenille Gates said...

Thats hilarious! Never a dull moment i bet :0)

Jason and Kristin said...

That's awesome! I can't even pick a favorite. Though, the sweaty like my dad and video game kid are probably a close first.

Brittany said...

Those are too funny!

Hudson Family said...

So funny. You should definitely keep track of those things. It could be a national circulating email!!! Think of all the possibilities! :-)

Unknown said...

the joys of teaching! every teacher (and mom) should keep something handy to write all the funny things down nice and handy.

I can't believe how darling and grown up Ella is getting! Have fun with that walking stage!