Have you ever tried to sell a home? It is such an annoying process! When we first listed the house it was right in the middle of the holidays and we didn't have anyone but realtors call. About mid January we started having one showing a week. In February we started having people look twice a week. Even though we've had consistent traffic we haven't had any offers. Lots of possitive feedback, but no offers. Last month we decided to finish the third bedroom (I'll post pictures when it is completely finished). Along with the anticipation of wondering if we'll sell our house and move comes the shear annoyance of showing the place. Sometimes we only get an hours notice which sets me in a panic because I want everything to be as perfect as possible. Other times people want to come in the middle of naps, or right when I should get home from work, or other really inconvenient times. Here are examples from this week. Monday night our realtor called and told us someone wanted to look at the house between 12 and 1. I thought that would be perfect because I'd be at school so I wouldn't have to find somewhere to go (I try to be out when people come). Unfortunately that day I got really sick and ended up coming home early- right at noon. I couldn't go home and rest because the showing was planned. I was so tired and so naucious that I didn't know what to do. I ended up resting in the car until 1 o'clock and then drove around for 20 minutes when the family came. Needless to say, it wasn't comfortable. Yesterday my realtor called when Ella was down for her nap saying that a realtor wanted to come preview the home within 15 minutes to an hour. I quickly started straightening up and inevitable woke Ella. She was cranky and irratable as a result. I was extra annoyed because the realtor didn't show up until 6 o'clock (3 hours after my realtor called). Then she quickly ran through, told me she loved it and said she'd call my realtor this morning to block out a time for the showing. It is 3 pm and she still hasn't called. I just hate this process because it drives me crazy. I want the house to be perfect and if I know someone is coming I feel like I can't make any sort of messes (no cooking) and I notice anything that is even slightly out of order. In other words, it makes me really anal. Not my favorite thing. Not at all.
Before Time Swallows the Memories
4 months ago


1 comments:
Oh, that would be so irritating. I get bugged just waiting for the fix it guys to come between 12-3. We are finishing a room at our house too. Are you guys doing it yourself? I hope your feeling better :).
Post a Comment