Ella must be going through a growth spurt because she has quite an appetite. She loves eating and is really trying a lot more foods. Of course not as much as I'd love, but some of her new favorites include strawberries, grapes, and hummus. She still doesn't eat many veggies. Only peas and carrots. If you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them.
Ella is very cautious. She is getting closer to walking, but isn't quite ready yet. She loves to walk with anything she can. She prefers when we hold both hands to support her, but she will walk when we only hold one. Just this week Ella has started standing by herself, but it makes her nervous so she reaches out for me quickly. If she falls then she cries even though I'm sure it doesn't hurt.
Ella hasn't attempted to climb up the stairs before today. She usually climbs up one step and then hangs out there for a second, slides down, and goes up again. Today while I was vacuuming the stairs she got daring and continued climbing up. When she got half way to the top, I brought her back down because I was nervous about her falling and instead of stopping the vacuum and going behind her, I finished vacuuming with her at the base of the stairs. I'm worried about this new skill because Ella has already fallen down the stairs. It was one of the worst moments of motherhood so I don't want to retell the story (let's just say I shed a lot more tears than she did and I cried for quite a few hours total). I don't want it to happen again.
Ella LOVES signing. I wish she would try saying more words, but signing is great. She only verbalizes "mama" and "dada." Ella makes more sounds and is trying to mimic some phrases. When I say "I love you" she copies my intonation and repeats some of the sounds. She gets so proud of herself when she signs. The other day I taught her the sign for diaper. The next morning when I was changing her she was complaining as usual. When I told her I was just changing her diaper, she signed diaper and then had a huge smile on her face as if she was saying "I know that one!" It was adorable. Some of her latest signs include car, diaper, baby (for baby signing time), sleep, and brushing teeth. During the third hour of church on Sunday she kept signing car. What a cutie! I love being able to communicate more and love to see how happy she gets when she signs.
Ella still only has her two bottom teeth, but I think she was such a stinker the other week because she is working on at least one of her top teeth. The corner of the tooth is visible, but none of it has broken through yet.
Ella has always given some mean looks. Even as a baby people would comment on her serious looks. We just joked that she was just like her daddy (you always know what Gustavo is thinking). Now she is always giving people "the look." My friend posted a picture of her little girl giving the same look which she has named "the stink eye." I think that is a good description. We'll have to get pictures soon. It is so funny, but it makes me feel bad when she makes it at other people. What a stinker.
Ella is really starting to demonstrate her sense of humor. She tries to get me to laugh throughout the day by doing silly things. When she thinks she is funny she bursts out in this fake laugh that always gets me. When other people start laughing on TV or when she is around them, like at church, she bursts out in a fake laugh. I love to see her personality devolop more and more. I love my little Ella and I know Gustavo is so excited to get home to see her. We're half way done with the deployment!
I would post more pictures of my big girl, but Gustavo took the camera so you'll have to wait a few more weeks to see recent photos.
Before Time Swallows the Memories
6 months ago


3 comments:
You are going to love that you kept track of so much stuff in detail! She'll love reading all about herself. Good job :)
Ella sounds so cute Syd. That is so great that you are teaching her to sign. I'm so sorry I haven't gotten back to you about hanging out. I would still love to get together. Things have just been really busy lately. When are you free in the next couple weeks?
The one picture of Ella that you do have is sure a precious face!
Post a Comment