I just read The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin and strongly recommend it to everyone. It was a very thought provoking book that has definitely inspired me to make small changes in my own life in order to become happier. I believe as Robert Louis Stevenson said, "There is no duty we so much underrate as the duty of being happy." This book is all about Gretchen Rubin's year long project full of resolutions to really be true to herself and enjoy her life. It is full of research findings that affected her project along with her personal experience. I loved it and will definitly read it again at least once in my life. I don't think I'll start an extensive project at this time, maybe in the fall, but I will definitely start tackling some small resolutions of my own. Reading this book has caused me to think about what really makes me happy and changes I'd like to make.
Before Time Swallows the Memories
4 months ago


3 comments:
Ever since you mentioned it I've been thinking about it. I'll have to read it.
I saw the nice mention of my book, The Happiness Project, here. I very much appreciate those kind words and you shinning a spotlight on my work. Thanks and best wishes,
Gretchen
I'm glad you've told me about this book, and I really feel that it's something that I could benefit from right now. That was a great quote and I think that we all need to really think about what happiness is and what makes us feel happy. Thanks for the tip.
Post a Comment