Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Daddy's Little Girl

I think it is really hard to buy gifts for Gustavo because at this point, he buys himself the things that he really wants. Since Gustavo LOVES basketball and dreams of the day he can play with our kids, I had Ella get him this cute little ball and I got him the old school Penny Hardaway shoes he wanted. When he came downstairs she was wearing this special Father's Day shirt while holding the ball and a card.
We went to Nephi for a special Father's Day dinner with Grandpa, Liz, Isaac, Yolanda, Shevin, and Gabe.
Ella was happy for most of the time.
Uncle Isaac held Ella for the first time.
We all went outside to enjoy the beautiful day. Gustavo took Ella on the trampoline. They didn't bounce, but just being outside was fun for Ella.
Ella loves her daddy so much. Since her first ultrasound she has been labeled a daddy's girl. She lights up when she sees him. There have been lots of times when nothing seems to calm her, but as soon as she gets into her daddy's arms everything is fine. He can get her to laugh hysterically just by looking at her. Yesterday Gustavo was talking to Ella while driving us home from the store and she couldn't stop laughing. No one can make her as happy as her dad.
We love you and hope you had a great Father's Day!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I wish we could have been there... family outings always make us homesick!

Jason and Kristin said...

That ball in her lap is ADORABLE! I'm loving all your posts. They'll make for a stinking cute book!