Monday, September 6, 2010

twenty six

We have had a great weekend. Busy, but great. On Thursday Gustavo and I went up to Salt Lake to watch The Lion King at Capitol Theatre. It was just as incredible as we heard it would be.
Saturday we went to my cousin Mallory's wedding and Sunday we went to Gavin's blessing. This meant we got to spend time with both of our families. Ella was exhausted after each of these events. Everyone got to see what a peach she can be (yes, I'm being sarcastic.) She started screaming while my cousin and her husband were exchanging vows on Saturday and then again during Gavin's blessing. Why was she screaming? No good reason. She just wasn't happy. It is a good thing she is adorable...
My birthday was Sunday and Gustavo got me a Dairy Queen ice cream cake to celebrate. A few of our friends came over that evening. Monday my sweet sister in law took me out to lunch and to the movies. That night I had dinner and pie (my favorite) with my parents and some of my sisters. This has been a wonderful birthday. Once again, I feel so overwhelmed with gratitude for our amazing family and friends. Thanks for thinking of me on my birthday. I love you all!

5 comments:

Brittany said...

Happy Birthday! I just love Ella's tights and boots...too cute!

Emily said...

So glad your birthday was fun and I love your hair cut!!!!

Jason and Kristin said...

Wahoo! Happy Birthday. You are starting to catch up to me :)

Amber said...

Happy Birthday! So glad you had a great one...and I love the hair cut! You look beautiful...as always!

Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. I did start doing a preschool in my basement, and about an hour into the first day, I was ready to resign and send everybody out packing!! But today went much smoother (maybe because it was 4 year olds). I do love to teach. And it's nice to hear when my teaching efforts get noticed!! Good luck with the year not being at school. If you ever need a drive, come visit us up in Logan!!

Alysha said...

I hope you see this comment. You are so beautiful! And I am so glad you had a great birthday!