Today one of the women I used to teach with called and asked if I can watch her little boy tomorrow. During the conversation she asked if I like how things are going this year, referring to staying home and no longer teaching. It has made me think about how much I love being home with Ella.
I do not miss feeling rushed in the mornings. I do not miss worrying about Ella. I used to worry I might miss something (like her first laugh or her first steps- oh wait, I did). Fortunately once I went part time I didn't feel much guilt. Even though staying home isn't always easy, I don't regret it. I never wish I could drop her off and go to work. I feel really fortunate that I get to be home with her. I had unrealistic ideas about being home. I thought I would have a lot more time to work on projects, but that isn't true. I'm busy taking care of Ella. Some days it is hard to just get a shower and dinner made. I do enjoy the flexibility of my new schedule though. I love that I can choose to just stay home and spend every minute with Ella, or that I can go have lunch or visit with friends and neighbors. I love that I have the time to focus on what matters most- my family. Ella is only 19 months old and it is already hard to remember when she was a little baby. It goes so fast, as cliche as it is to say, it is so true. I'm so glad I get to be with her. She means the world to me.
Before Time Swallows the Memories
4 months ago


5 comments:
Cute pictures! I love the one of her in the flowers :) It is nice being home and so true that you'd think you would have more time to do stuff, but you don't.
Isn't funny that we are having a harder time getting together with us both not "working". Somehow all those hours in a day get filled!
You are missed at Meadow. With the new schedule, I have had more and more kids ask about you. They miss you. I miss you too, but I am so happy for you. I am jealous of you too. I am glad you get to be home with Ella. Love the pictures
I'm so happy for you that you get to be home with Ella. I'm struggling with leaving my baby girl everyday. I loved the pictures! You're daughter is adorable!
It's great for me to read this, because I've been home with my kids for enough years now that sometimes I wish that I could go to work. I need the reminder that I love them so much and that I need to treasure the time I have with them. I also love the pictures, especially the one of Ella through the flowers.
Post a Comment