This morning I was driving down Main Street in AF on my way to work. When I was stopped at the new light on 300 West I noticed that a police car was behind me with its lights on. I pulled over as the light turned green while trying to think of any possible reason I was being pulled over. New registration stickers were on the license plate and I'm always really conscious of my speed. I rolled down the window and the officer greeted me by saying, "I clocked you at 41 mph in a 30 zone two blocks back at about 100 West." To which I asked, "Where the speed limit changes to 35?" The officer stated, "1 block before." ONE BLOCK BEFORE. While he took my information to write up a ticket I couldn't believe it. The speed limit changed 10 seconds (yes, I went back and counted) after he clocked me so I would have been going 41 mph in a 35 zone. I had tears running down my face when he came back to give me the ticket. While I was signing it he said, "You need to slow down." Seriously? Did he really need to say that? I can't believe that he ticketed me for speeding one block before the speed limit changed. I always try to drive within 5 miles of the speed limit. I've never been pulled over for speeding and now I have to pay almost 200 dollars. It is honestly $90 for the ticket and $100 for traffic school. I can think of so many better ways to spend that money. What bad luck. I can't stop thinking about it...
Before Time Swallows the Memories
4 months ago


4 comments:
Ewww, that makes me so mad! I'm so sorry you got a ticket and $100 for traffic school. Back in my day I only had to pay $60 for traffic school. Some people have no mercy.
Once Cory got pulled over for rolling a stop sign at 5:00a.m. We can relate to your frustration. Sorry to hear about it.
I'm sorry. That is the worst. I recently got 2 speeding tickets in 9 days and I think I will be paying around $600 dollars for them. I wanted to kill myself. The worst part is I see cops EVERYWHERE now. I think once you get a ticket, you become a cop magnet. Anyway, I really am sorry because you really are conscious of not speeding, so you didn't deserve a ticket. You should have yelled at him.
HEINOUS!
Post a Comment