Every week I get an update from a few online baby sites. I started getting them when I found out I was pregnant so I could see how the baby was developing. This week I was so reassured to read this article about the 6th week of postpartum recovery:
Back To Life As Usual? Hardly! It's probably no surprise by now that life will never be the same. Not only does your schedule (what schedule?) look very different, but the world will look different, too. Even simple chores such as grocery shopping will take on new meaning now that you're responsible for another human being. As busy as you're going to be, it will be that much more important to take the time to pay attention to the choices you make.
Thank goodness this is normal! I was beginning to feel like a failure since I can't seem to do anything anymore. Because I feel so far behind I decided to ask my mom if she could come help me out. She has been offering to come stay over night with Ella so I could get some sleep for the last few weeks. So on Tuesday afternoon she came to my house and stayed for 24 hours. It was so nice to have help for that long. She helped with cooking, laundry, sleeping :), and mainly holding Ella so I could actually clean my house. It was incredible! Since I don't know how long my house will stay clean, I decided to take some pictures as evidence that it really can be clean.



I love having a clean house! It is so nice to walk around without being constantly reminded of the hundreds of things I need to do. When Gustavo got home I begged him to help me keep it clean. We'll see what happens.
Before Time Swallows the Memories
4 months ago



4 comments:
I love your house! You have done such a good job designing it. I think you are an amazing mom! I promise it gets a bit easier with every passing week. Ella is so beautiful!
What a great mom! And who can resist sleeping baby pics... darling!
Cute,cute baby! When can we go to lunch again so I can see her in person?!
Ella is so beautiful and your house looks great. Mine hasn't been that clean for about 4 years! Someday!
Post a Comment