Sunday, March 8, 2009

Gonzalez Relatives

As many of you know, my sister in law had her first baby two weeks before I had Ella. These were the first grandchildren for Gustavo's parents. Needless to say, this has been a very exciting time for Gustavo's family. I figured I would post some pictures at least for Em and Laz who still haven't been able to see the babies. Hopefully the rest of you will enjoy them as well.


Even though they look like they are the same size in this picture, Gabe is definitely bigger. He is adorable. I am so excited for them to be so close in age. It will be lots of fun to watch them grow up together.


Gustavo's mom was the first person at the hospital for both babies. She loves them so much. She only speaks Spanish to them so hopefully Ella will learn from her abuela.

Gustavo's dad came to see Ella when she was about 2 weeks old.
He was hesitant to hold her since she is so fragile, but he agreed to for a picture!

Gustavo's cousin Natalie and Aunt Jilda came to see Gabriel and Ella after we'd been home for a week. Natalie had her son Nicholas in September so she had lots of advice for us. I must admit that when we get together with Gustavo's relatives I tend to get lost in the conversation since at least half of it is in Spanish so it took me a while to realize that Jilda kept referring to Ella by different names like Bella Mya. I never would have guessed their initial reaction to the name Ella, but they made it very clear! It was pretty amusing. I'm sure they'll get used to it soon and they will definitely love her. After taking a Spanish class and realizing that ella means her/she I understand the confusion, but if they always pronounce the "l" sound like the English word that seems to make it less confusing (what do I know though!)

2 comments:

Rod and Jess said...

That baby girl is precious - how fun to have a cousin so close in age! And WHAT are you doing back in your jeans already, little skinny-minny! You look great! We are getting so excited to meet Ella!

Emily said...

Thank you so much for posting pics... we love to see the babies grow. Sitney, you may as well get used to the name thing... I have a feeling it's going to stick!
Love ya! -Eaimee