Thursday, March 5, 2009

sleep?


Sleep? I need it, but hardly remember what it feels like to have real sleep. I haven't slept for more than 3 hours straight since February 9th. I miss it. Ella doesn't sleep at night. She was great one night and waited 4 hours between feedings so that night I got to sleep in 3 hour increments. Usually she doesn't even let me sleep for 1 hour during the night because she is fussy or needy. I love her, but I would love to have some sleep every now and then as well! Yesterday felt good and I accumulated 4 1/2 hours of sleep during 3 naps. If any of you are those mom's I'm incredibly jealous of who have babies who sleep during the night let me know your secret!

5 comments:

Emily said...

There is no secret, you are doing everything right. Some kids are just hard wired to sleep thru the night and others have to be taught. Your a good teacher and in time she will learn. And the bags under you eyes will disappear. Good luck!

Alysha said...

I can only pray that my baby will sleep through the night, but since I notice her kicking and moving all around when I wake up for my potty breaks, I'm pretty sure I'll be up too. That's what we get for being on our feet all day and rocking our babies to sleep :) If you need me to come watch Ella during the day while you sleep, I'm more than happy to!

Emily said...

She has green eyes!!! Oh my gosh, we are so excited to see her! We are getting more & more homesick the more baby pics we see. I'm so sorry you are not sleeping, wish we were there to help out. Hope Tavo's ankle is healing up nice & you no longer have to tend to 2 kids! :)

The Greenwoods said...

Hey Sydney this is Hailey Greenwood Dee told me you guys had your baby and she is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! congrats!! Little girls are so much fun!!!

Megan, John and kids said...

Oh! I hate having an infant that young! This phase will end, and finally you will get some sleep. You're tough, you can do it.