Friday, March 18, 2011

ultrasound

We had our ultrasound scheduled for Tuesday morning, but unfortunately Gustavo had a conflicting polygraph test so we had to push it back to Wednesday at 4:00.  This pregnancy has been so different (faster weight gain, not nearly as sick, super emotional, and I want to eat EVERYTHING- especially sugar which I didn't even like when I was pregnant with Ella) so I naturally thought it was likely that I was having a boy.  
 
I was wrong.  We are having a healthy baby girl!!!  I am so excited.  I love the idea of having two girls close together.  I love all of my sisters and hope my daughters will be as close as the five of us are.  This sweet baby was very cooperative.  The tech took about a million pictures and kept saying "Oh, this (fill in the organ) looks beautiful!  Textbook."  It was so wonderful to hear.  
 Ella has been right all along, I am pregnant with baby Sophie.  We're certain Sophia will be her  first name, but are still deciding which of her great grandmothers' names she'll have for her middle name.  We are absolutely thrilled!

7 comments:

Brittany said...

So excited! Ella will love having a sister. Glad she is healthy too.

Jason and Kristin said...

Holy cow another girl!!! Super exciting and so convenient since Ella already has all those cute clothes!

Rod and Jess said...

CONGRATULATIONS! That's wonderful news! You make such beautiful baby girls! Won't it be fun to see who this one looks like?!? So glad to hear she is healthy and on track!

Dave & Lavenia Gillespie said...

Congrats Sydney. I love all the excitement pregnancy brings. It definitely helps offset all of the other not so glamorous things about it. :D

Ann said...

Nothing like having a sister! Congrats!

Amber said...

Hooray!! Congratulations on baby girl number 2! That's wonderful...and glad to hear she's healthy as well.

adam and erica said...

Yay! Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you to have two cute friend sisters:) We have to get together this summer sometime for sure!