For Ella's 1st birthday we had a little party
we kept things really simple... and pink
My mom and sisters always make decorative cakes for birthdays. I am not crafty or artistic so I've always dreaded this tradition, but wanted to continue it for my family. When we got Ella a xylophone for Christmas my sister Emily told me about this cake she made for Olivia. She sent me the pattern and I decided to give it a try. El came over and helped me out and I must admit, I'm proud of how it turned out. I guess I've proved that I really am a Kramer girl!
After watching a little movie we made of Ella's first year, everyone came in for cake and ice cream. Ella had her own cake, but just like we expected, she didn't do anything. She went for it a few times, but always moved her hand when it got close. She just licked icing off of our fingers and then took out the candle and dropped it on the floor.
After everyone else ate cake, we went into the living room for presents.
Ella's cousins helped her open all of them since she hasn't figured out how to unwrap yet.
We all love you little one!
guests: Abuela, Yolanda, Shevin, Gabe, Eleanor, Grandma & Grandpa Kramer, Cory & Emily's family, the Shakespears, and the Lennons.
HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY!


8 comments:
I love that cake! Happy Birthday Ella!
you are so talented and Ella is so pretty
Ok, wow. Ella and Tavo's eyes look exactly the same!
Such a cute cake idea, you did a really good job. I might have to copy that one day. She is so adorable and I can't believe she is one!
You did such a great job on the cake, you're definitely a Kramer girl, though that was never a question in anyone else's mind. I'm glad you had a great time, and it looks like Ella did, too.
Great party Syd! I was so impressed with the cake. You're amazing and Ella's darling!
Sydney,
What a cute cake! And yes, you are a Kramer girl. You and your sisters are the best!! Your hair is darling. Kudos to you for donating to locks of love.
Stacey
You must be a little crafty because that cake is the cutest thing I've seen in a long time!! And can we say "OCD"? I think those cups were set out and then measured to make sure that the space was exact between each one! I LOVE IT! No wonder I like you so much. And that last picture of Gustavo and Ella...oh my heck...it seriously melted my heart!!!!!
Post a Comment