Saturday, July 25, 2009

Yaya


Gustavo's grandma, Yaya, is staying with Jilda and Natalie so we went up to visit.  This was the first time she and Ella have met.  Yaya lives in Puerto Rico and will turn 90 next month! She is Ella's only living great grandparent and I'm excited they have the opportunity to know one another. Unfortunately Yaya and I have never been able to have a conversation because she doesn't speak English, and I don't know any Spanish.  It is always a little interesting/uncomfortable because people don't know whether to speak Spanish so Yaya can participate in the conversation or if they should speak English so I can understand.  When Yaya accused them of being impolite by speaking in English I told them to speak Spanish, well actually I messed up and said "Hablo Espanol."  It all worked out though. 
Yaya and Gabe
Natalie's son Nicholas is so adorable.  He is almost 5 months older than Ella, but not much bigger.
The three babies in the Gonzalez family.
yes, I am definitely a giant compared to everyone in the family

0 comments: