Saturday, July 11, 2009

5 Months


Ella is 5 months old!  It is amazing that although I continually hear people warn me that children grow up so quickly, I can't help being surprised at how true that is.  I swear she gets bigger every single day.  I can't believe it! Ella is such a happy little girl; just full of smiles.  The only real milestone she has reached in the last month is SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT.  Unfortunately I kind of forced her into this a week ago by letting her "cry it out."  I didn't think I would do it, but she started waking up as much as 9 times within 6 hours just wanting me to give her the pacifier or rub her back.  That was too hard for me so I took the pediatrician's advice and let her cry.  Fortunately the crying only lasted for 3 nights and usually wasn't longer than 10-20 minutes at a time.  She has successfully slept through the night (11 or 12 hours) without crying for 7 consecutive days.  I really didn't mind getting her once a night for a feeding because I liked the extra cuddle time (that is why I absolutely LOVE nursing Ella and am so grateful my milk supply increased after school ended).  When she started waking up all through the night again it was so exhausting that I needed to make a change.  I can't complain about getting a good nights rest.  I remember not knowing if that would ever happen again those first 2 1/2 incredibly sleep deprived months after she was born.
Look how big she is!  I can hardly believe it.

1 comments:

Trent and Kim said...

Wow! I can't believe it has been 5 months already. Time goes a lot faster the older you get. She is so cute and so big. I am so excited to see you guys in a month! I'm glad she is sleeping through the night too, sleep makes a huge difference.