We were excited to see how much Ella has grown, but not excited for her to get 5 shots at her 2 month appointment! Ella was having a rough afternoon and was crying when we got to the pediatricians office for her check up. I finally got her to sleep right before the pediatrician checked her out. Of course that woke her up so she started crying again. When the nurse came in to give Ella her immunizations I was very nervous. Gustavo set her down on the table and stayed right there so he could comfort her as soon as the nurse was done. We knew that she was going to get REALLY upset since she had already been crying so much. The nurse administered all of the shots in about 20 seconds-it was so fast and very impressive. Ella started to cry (
and so did I- I hate seeing her bleed). Gustavo swept her off the table and she stopped crying within a few seconds. It was amazing! She is usually very hard to settle down so we couldn't believe it. She cried for no reason all afternoon and then when she had a reason to be upset she was fine! What a funny girl. She had a slight fever for about 24 hours after the immunizations, but she was really good. Honestly these past 48 hours have been the best I can remember for a long time. What a surprise! Here are her latest measurements:
Length: 23 1/4 inches - 90th percentile
Weight: 11 lbs 8 oz - 75th percentile
Head Circ: 38.1 cm - about 40th percentile
1 comments:
Aren't babies so funny that way? It might have just been that you guys were anticipating it, and the Tavo took care of it so fast. I absolute HATE going to the doctor for my kids to get shots, even with Eowyn. I always want to cry, too. Well, I hope that things work that well in the future, except of course for the first half of the afternoon.
Post a Comment