Monday, April 6, 2009

our big girl

Ella is getting so big! She isn't a newborn anymore. Last week she started fitting lots more of her 0-3 month clothes. I got so excited because she can wear her little jeans now! I have so much fun getting her all dressed up. We took her to the doctor last Wednesday and found out that she weighed 10 lbs. 14 oz. I measured her and she was about 23 inches long. I can't believe how fast she is growing. I used to think that those clothes looked so big and now they fit! I guess I'd better get used to it though.


I have really been looking forward to seeing Ella smile. On March 25th she gave me two big smiles! I was so excited. She still isn't smiling very often; probably once or twice a day. I can't wait until I see this happy face more often. I started taking pictures today and was very excited that this open mouthed grin was captured. She is such a cutie.



3 comments:

Rod and Jess said...

Do they come any cuter??? I can't get over how darling you dress her up! She looks like a little princess! We can't wait to start playing! Hope you are feeling okay - in more way than one! :)

Jason and Kristin said...

Welcome Back! I'm sad for you to leave your little one everyday but Graham is happy to have you back. Love her jeans...Do you think they come in my size?

John and Megan said...

I love those pictures! The first one really reminds me of you as a little baby! I can't wait to see her in person. And it's just so exciting when they start to smile, it's great that you got a picture of it! I hope that work went okay for you this week.