On April 8th I went back to work. I will only be going back part time Monday through Thursday, but will be there all day Fridays. Gustavo was really sweet and took the week off so he could watch Ella to ease my transition back. Things went well for both of us. Ella was great for Gustavo Wednesday and Thursday, but they had a rough time on Friday. I must admit I was jealous about Wednesday and Thursday because he said he was able to play 2 video games (1 hour each) both days and I can never seem to get anything done. His Friday sounded like my usual days though so I was slightly relieved :) School was so much better than I thought it would be. I really enjoyed seeing all of my kids and colleagues again. I love Meadow! I love the people I work with and the students. It was so nice to get big hugs from my current students and kids I've taught previous years. I feel so loved at Meadow. My plan is to work part time next year. My good friend Alysha and I planned to do a job share in first grade and our principal agreed to it, but while I was on maternity leave she pulled Alysha aside to let her know she may not be able to afford it. We are both hoping and praying our principal can work it out because it is what we both really want. If I can't do a job share with her than I'll do anything else I can to stay at Meadow. If my principal can't keep me part time then I guess I'll have to find a position somewhere else. The thought of that makes me sick though! I really hope it will all work out. A job share with Alysha would be ideal. She and I have been working together at Meadow for 4 years. We have really similar teaching styles and are good friends. I would love to teach with her. Half days are great! It was so nice to leave at 11:40 Wednesday and Thursday. I felt like it was honestly the best of both worlds; I got to be at school where I felt so loved and appreciated and I also got to be at home with my baby who I love and adore. Friday was very long. I could NEVER do full time because that would tear me apart to be away from Ella all day. Fridays Gustavo is with her so that relieves my guilt, but I still hated it. I'm sure things will work out. They always do. I had so many people call and e-mail me to let me know they were thinking about me when I went back to work and to see how I was doing. THANK YOU! I appreciate all of you so much.
Before Time Swallows the Memories
4 months ago


4 comments:
Welcome back to work! I didn't even get a chance to see you last week. I'm glad things went well. It's hard to leave your little baby. But halftime is where it's at. I love being able to do the two things I love...teach and raise my beautiful daughter! Good luck with the rest of the year.
Hey syd! What a DARLING little Ella you have! That would very hard leaving her...I wish you the best and hope it works out the way you want!
Hey I am glad I found your guys' blog!
I'm glad that the transition is going fairly well, though sad to hear that your sharing might not work. I really hope that something works out for you. I'm sure you'll find a way.
Post a Comment