Saturday, February 7, 2009

37, 38 or 39?

When I went to the doctor for what I thought was my 36th week check up on January 29th I was informed that I have been measuring 2 weeks big and the computer said I was really 37 weeks. I got panicked because my new due date was February 19th- the 2nd day of Parent Teacher Conferences. I have really been telling myself during this whole pregnancy that the baby would come late and hoped she would come on Saturday the 28th. During that Dr.'s appointment I also found out I was dilated to a 2. I calmed myself down, but still had some sort of a "reality check" that the baby really may come early. On Thursday Feb. 5th I had my next check up and found out I'm dilated to a 3 and 80% effaced. I'm still really hoping that the baby will stay in until the 20th or 21st. Yes, many of you may think I'm crazy, but February is a crazy month at school. I have a student teacher right now who is just starting her lead teaching Monday. I would feel terrible if I abandoned her during her 2 weeks of lead teaching. I really hope to make it through as much of her time as possible. Her last day is the 20th so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! As I mentioned earlier, I also have Parent Teacher Conferences on the 18th and 19th. Grades are due the 27th and our report cards are pretty intense. We grade each standard from the state core. Beyond all of those reasons I really want to work for as long as possible so I can go back for the shortest amount of time possible. My plan is to work part time after my 6 weeks of maternity leave. I'll work mornings M-Th and full days each Friday. My sub will work the afternoons so things should go smoothly. It will make for some really sad paychecks, but I'll get to be with my baby a lot and I know that will definitely be worth it. Although I'd love to have a few more weeks to work and get everything ready all of this excitement has really helped it settle in that we are really having a baby! We are both very excited to finally see her. If it were up to Gustavo I'd go into labor right now. I'm still hoping for the 21st though! We'll just wait and see. I'll make sure to keep you all updated.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Sorry sister, but that baby is coming any day now. I know you're a control freak so this is hard for you but just get done the most important thing first (grades) and then you'll get the second most important thing done and continue on. And when the Ella comes you'll as ready as you need to be and really nothing else will matter. Just make sure you've called a sub after she is born (I almost forgot!). But I'll pray that she stays put for your sake.

John and Megan said...

Well, we were praying for her to stay in longer, but I'm sure now that she's out, you're happy that she is. I'm sorry about all the crazy things left in the month, but I'm sure they'll all work themselves out. Get good rest to recover yourself so you'll be ready to get back at things when you're done!
Congratulations! And we love you all!

adam and erica said...

I am assuming the last post means that little Ella has arrived! I want to call right now, but I am sure things are pretty crazy for you! I will be waiting to hear some details on the blog...CONGRATULATIONS!!