Saturday, January 3, 2009

32 Week Belly

I am 32 weeks along so I have about 8 weeks left. My head is constantly spinning with different thoughts about babies and being a mom. I realize that our life is about to change drastically, but of course I can't even comprehend it because nothing like this has ever happened to us before so I have nothing to liken it to. I feel like 8 weeks is a good amount of time because it will still allow us time to be with one another and to get a few more things done. At the same time I feel like 8 weeks is still a lot of time for more crazy things to happen to my body. I feel comfortable for the most part. I'm used to being nauseous and I don't get as frustrated by throwing up or dry heaving. I don't like it, but I'm used to it. I am also used to my huge stomach, but the bigger it gets the more anxious I become. I have had a few negative changes over the break as a result of pregnancy so I am constantly receiving reality checks about the fun things that I still have in store. I am scared to death about labor. Everyone has had such different experiences so I feel like I can't even prepare myself mentally. While I know everything will be alright, I still just feel like I want to cry every time I talk about labor with anyone. I told my sisters and my doctor that I think I'm just going to cry from the time I go into labor until she comes because I'm so scared! I know it will all be worth it. Lets just hope that I really have about 8 weeks and that she doesn't come early. I don't know how I would handle that.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Hi Syd! We had so much fun hanging out with you guys... we can't wait to come back to see you both again and the baby!

Trent and Kim said...

You look great. Im sad I didn't get to see you guys when I was there. I'm so excited for you guys. Don't be scared, you will be totally fine. I will call you soon, I want to chat.

John and Megan said...

I know I talked with you about this before, but it all works out fine, no matter what, and it's all worth it. I'm sure you'll do so well, you're such a strong person and you handle things so well. I'm sure you'll do a great job!

hillary and britton said...

Syd! You look really good. I was scared of labor too-you'll do great! Nora ended up being a week late and by that point I was ready! I hope your baby isn't late, but just in case plan something really fun to do on your due date.