| Ella is trying to show 2 fingers. It still takes a lot of concentration at this point. |
Today we celebrated Ella's birthday with family and some friends. As always, I wanted to do something simple, but even simple can be overwhelming with such a big family! For days leading up to her birthday Ella loved to talk about her friends and family members who were coming to her party for cookie monster cupcakes. Ella started getting excited about birthdays when "Five Little Monkey's Bake a Birthday Cake" was her favorite book. She used to ask me to read it to her several times each day. That is how she learned the birthday song and that on birthdays we eat cake. Unfortunately Ella doesn't like to eat cake which is why I decided to have a cookie monster theme. I figured that way we could have the cake she knew we needed and have cookies for her to enjoy. I'm disappointed that I wasn't able to get any great pictures, but here is what I got.
Of course Ella kept with tradition and refused to even touch her cake again this year. She did enjoy being sung to though. Instead of wanting any of the treats I made she just wanted to sneak the valentine's day candy I set out.
Ella was shy until she opened presents. Even then she didn't show much personality, she just told everyone "thank you" as she tried to open and play with the gifts they brought.
Before her all of her guests were even gone, Ella informed me that she was ready for a nap. She had taken one earlier, but was worn out from all of the attention. She took a nice long nap and woke up just in time to play with Makaylee for the night while John and Alysha went out.
The girls had a great time playing with Ella's new toys including this adorable tea set from grandma and grandpa Kramer.
Ella also convinced Makaylee to play her favorite game: run from the living room to the fridge as many times as you can, as fast as you can. Did you notice the adorable twosie birthday jumper Ella has on? I saw the idea on another blog and got extremely excited when I saw the fabric on clearance at Ikea. My amazingly talented mom helped me make it for Ella and I love it!


6 comments:
I didn't know that you made her dress...that is awesome! It was so darn cute! That's really funny that she was asking for a nap! I love it.
Happy Birthday Ella! I can't believe she's two! Tyleigh is the same way about cake . . . still! She hates it! We always have a small cake and something on the side for her! The cookie monster theme is so cute! Ella is beautiful!
Such a fun party! I thought the cupcakes were so cute. I loved Ella's sweet thank you after opening her gifts. She is SO darling, and I love her. The jumper is super cute too. Way to go! I can't believe she's 2 and that they are having tea parties. Thanks again for watching Makaylee on such a big day. She talked about Ella on the way home and asked for her when she woke up in the morning. Cute little friends. Can't wait to have Ella over!
Cute dress! I thought it was hearts for Valentines Day, but now I see the 2's...such a cute idea. Happy Birthday to Ella!!! Cute cupcakes also.
I think we Kramer girls have an interesting definition of "simple" when it comes to parties. It looksl like it was so well planned out and so cute! That was a really clever theme to come up with for her tastes. Really, it all looks like it was so much fun, wish I could have been there, but am content that I can still appreciate it through blog form.
syd she is so cute!!!! What a fun little gal. I love the cupcakes, did you make those? What a fun idea for cookies. Sorry she has been so sick! hope you are feeling good yourself!
Post a Comment