Monday, February 14, 2011

5 visits in 2 months

 
Ella has been sick since November 2nd! Yes, of course there have been healthy days here and there.  There were actually 3 healthy weeks between her sinus infection and pneumonia diagnosis.  We finished her antibiotic for the pneumonia last Monday and five short days later (yes, the day of her birthday party) she had a low grade fever and a runny nose.  I figured she had another virus and gave her Tylenol.  She acted like herself and was sleeping fine so I wasn't too concerned.  I also was reassured by the fact that her 2 year old check up was Monday so I knew she would see a doctor and I could talk about how sick she's been.  Her fever was gone this morning and her nose hasn't been runny so I was surprised when the doctor looked in her ears and found that she has a DOUBLE EAR INFECTION!  This poor girl just can't catch a break.  She has been to the doctor 5 times in 2 short months.  This is her third antibiotic since the end of December.  I hope we can get over this and then finally stay healthy.  We did hear good news though.  Here are Ella's 2 year old stats:

Height: 35 1/2 inches - 89th percentile
Weight: 28 lbs. 11 oz. - 75th percentile
Head Circ: 49.7 cm - 93rd percentile
Ella has become quite a talker these past few months.  She speaks in 3-4 word phrases and sentences.  She can effectively tell us what she wants, needs, likes, and notices. I'm constantly amazed by her memory.  She is a very sweet girl, but is still full of spunk.  She loves to run and play.  She has also started to love watching movies.  Her favorite right now is Toy Story 3, but she loves The Little Mermaid ("Little Erdaid"), Beauty and the Beast, and all things Signing Time.  She constantly talks about her friends, neighbors, and family members.  She loves to read books and sing songs.  Every time we are in the car she asks me to sing songs from the minute we leave the driveway until we park at our destination.  She also dictates whether she wants me to sing loud or quiet.   She is learning her shapes and knows circle, heart, square, diamond, and star.  She knows the names of colors, but can't correctly identify them.  She counts "6,7,8,9,10" or "6,7,8,10."  She is fascinated with letters right now and loves to watch "the frog movie" which is Leapfrog's Letter Factory.  We are constantly surprised by the new things she learns.  We love our little two year old!

7 comments:

Jason and Kristin said...

Super cute b-day jumper! Fantastic job on the cupcakes (soooooooo stinking cute)!

Jonah watches the letter factory too. We need to watch it a few more times cuz right now he sings, "B says mmmm B says mmmm every letter makes a sound B says mmmm".

Rod and Jess said...

Oh, the memories . . .that was Tyleigh's life for the first 4 years! YIKES! It seemed like she was never healthy! Hope Ella gets feeling better soon! That's hard on her AND you! She is such a cute little chick! :)

Yolanda said...

Poor Ella! We hope she gets better soon, and it's seriously amazing how smart she is, way to go!

Brittany said...

So sad about all of the sickness. Hopefully it will end soon. So I just have to mention that Braylee is 28 lbs...too funny! I don't think Braylee will ever grow. Plus Ella has longer hair then her...my poor 3 year old.

John and Megan said...

Two is really such a fun age (at the same time as being terribly trying), they grow so much and it's so great for them to start being able to express themselves more. She's such a cutie, and of course she'll be so smart with you as her mom!

hillary and britton said...

Oh my goodness Ella is ADORABLE! She has really grown up. I'm sorry she has been so sick. Between our 2 girls we've been to the doctors 6 times in 1.5 months. I bet pneumonia was scary. I'm excited to see you! Her cookie monster treats were adorable as well as her jumper. You're awesome Sydney!

Ann said...

We know how that goes! Hope she gets and stays healthy! She sure is cute!