This summer Ella has become my running partner. She's usually in her pajamas, but yesterday when I finally took pictures we went out an hour or so after waking up in hopes that it would be warmer. I'm not really a runner. I just want to be healthy so each week we run about 18 miles. Yes, that is what I run in a WEEK, not on Saturdays for my long run like the rest of you!My sweet friend and co-worker let me use her old jogging stroller at the end of last year when I was sharing my workout dilemma with her. I wasn't sure how I was going to be able to exercise each day with Ella and didn't want to invest in a stroller without knowing she would enjoy it (in case you don't know yet, she is a pretty picky girl.) After I told Kathy how much Ella enjoyed it, she gave it to me. Kathy's baby is in fourth grade so she hasn't needed it for awhile. We are so grateful for it. It is perfect because we will be able to use it for a long time since it is a double stroller.
I'm bummed that the winter is coming so soon and that we won't be able to run outside much longer. I am trying to get geared up to run at the rec center track a few days a week and to do exercise DVDs some evenings. Have you tried the Jillian Michaels workouts? Oh my goodness, they are tough! My friend let me borrow three of her DVDs and they are definitely the hardest workout I've ever done at home (okay, probably the hardest workout I've ever done period.) You should try them!
Before Time Swallows the Memories
4 months ago


4 comments:
Just updated myself on your blog. Your baby is so big:) Miss you. Hope all is well.
How awesome that you got a free jogging stroller! I need to invest in one someday, but I'm not much of a runner. Don't worry, women run that much in Texas too, it's not just Utah.
Good job on running 18 miles a week though, I'm impressed. I am working on getting back in shape right now and it's no fun. I have the Jillian michaels 30 day shred which I really like. Works great when I can't get to gym. What brand is your stroller? Is it easy to push or is it really heavy?
18 miles rocks! You should be proud of that. I'm glad Ella is a better jogging partner than me. I do miss our jogging days. Too bad I'm so lazy!
Oh and you are seriously the healthiest person I know. You go Girl!
Post a Comment