Sunday, October 31, 2010

HALLOWEEN

It is definitely safe to say that Halloween has become more fun now that I'm a mom. Of course I loved Halloween as a child and a teenager, but after high school I haven't done much. This year we were able to celebrate on five separate occasions. Thursday morning Ella and I went to our neighborhood preschool for a costume party. Our block has 7 houses (one of which is the model). Four of us participate in a weekly "preschool" of sorts. We rotate having the kids over at our house for an hour each Thursday to play, sing, read, study simple subjects, and eat snacks. It has been a really fun way to get to know our neighbors and make new friends. The boys are all 3 and capable of much more than Ella, but she still enjoys it.

Ian, Morgan, Miles, and Ella
Ella loved dancing to the Halloween music.
The kids had a cake walk, but once Ella saw the cookies she stopped playing and wouldn't take her eyes off of them!
The boys were patient and decorated their cookies, but Ella quickly ate hers and then snacked on the candy she was given to decorate with.
After preschool we had lunch and then Ella went down for her nap. When she woke up we went up to Camp Williams where Gustavo works for another party. This was her first experience trick or treating. We've been trying to teach her how to say "trick or treat" but she just smiles and sweetly says "treat." We figured that was good enough. Once we got to the different offices and Ella had the opportunity, she just took candy and said "thank you." At least she had good manners. At first she refused to let go of her candy to place it in her bag. Once she had 3 pieces Gustavo was able to convince her that it was all still her candy and that it was going to be easier if she put it in the bag. Each office was decorated with scary Halloween things so Ella learned the word "spooky." Every time we passed something she would point and say "spooky."
Friday night we went to a friend's "Dinner in Disguise" party. As a family we dressed up as characters from Peter Pan. Ella was Tinkerbell, I was Wendy, and Gustavo was a pirate.

The party was at Adobe, formerly Omniture. The building was really nice and had this adorable chair. Ella loved sitting/swinging in it, but I wasn't able to get any good pictures.
Saturday night we had big plans to go trick or treating around our block, but we got rained out so Ella ate treats from our candy bowl before we headed down to spend some time with my parents, Emily, and Max (the other kids were all out trick or treating).

On Halloween after church we lounged around and then headed up to Yolanda's house to eat her award winning chili and spend time with Gustavo's family. We've had a great time celebrating with friends and family this weekend.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Ella looks so adorable!

Alysha said...

Love all of the pictures. You did have lots of fun! Ella is so cute!

Trent and Kim said...

I totally agree that Halloween is way better with kids and I loved the Peter Pan theme. Gustavo is classic, I love his socks. Ella is seriously adorable! I can't get enough.

adam and erica said...

What a fun Halloween!!! And I peeked at your Halloween dinner post below...you're sure fancy:) I love your little Tinkerbell and yes a holiday get together would be fantastic!

bestofthebishops said...

Seriously lets do an arranged marriage between Truman and Ella!! She is a doll!! Love your costumes and all the pics.