Wednesday, July 7, 2010

4th of July Weekend

When I first saw that the 4th of July was on Sunday this year I was a little disappointed. It turned out being great though because we got to draw out the celebration! On Saturday we had a bbq with Gustavo's mom, Juve, Yolanda, Shevin, and their boys. After eating we left Ella with Yolanda and Shevin and headed off to Stadium of Fire. I didn't bring my camera, but it was an awesome show. We love Carrie Underwood and she was just as incredible as we thought she would be.
The 4th was really low key. My sister Meg and her family got here Saturday night so on Sunday we went down to Provo to visit with them for a few hours after church. On Monday we headed down to Nephi for another bbq in the afternoon. Here is a picture of Ella and Gabe. I love that these two are so close in age. It is fun watching them grow up together.

Liz is always so good to get a group picture.
At around 3 o'clock we headed up to Provo for my family's annual 4th of July party where we swam, ate, visited, and played with family.

This year I was too busy enjoying the traditional water fight to get any pictures, but it was a blast like always. Ella just enjoyed walking all around. I think she loved swimming with the boys because she could see so many belly buttons.
It was a great weekend.

2 comments:

Jason and Kristin said...

The last time I went to Stadium of Fire it was Hewey Lewis and the News! Sounds like a fun 4th. Are you moving this weekend????

Megan, John and kids said...

I love the picture with Ella finding Christopher's belly button, I thought that was so cute.