Monday, June 7, 2010

fat lip

(a few hours after the incident so the swelling is down)
Guess who gave me a fat lip today? Yep, Ella. During the past two days she has decided to be very independent. Yesterday during church she was impossible. She wanted to be anywhere but with us doing everything we didn't want her to be doing. We haven't had this issue before and definitely not to this extreme degree. Today she screamed when I put her in the stroller (she wanted to push it), but once I started running she was fine. At the grocery store she was manageable at the beginning, but by the end she was done. She was screaming to get out so I picked her up thinking I'd hold her while we finished. That wasn't what she wanted. She started fighting to get down so I tried to put her back in the cart. She started kicking and flailing around. I distracted her for a minute and found a line (it was Walmart so the line was pretty long.) Once I got settled she got worse and worse. She was screaming and I felt all eyes on me. She wanted to run all over and wasn't willing to compromise. I wasn't about to let her run all over so I was trying to stay calm and whisper to her as she flung her head back into my mouth. I thought I was bleeding, but easily realized it was just swollen. I wanted to go home, but needed the groceries because I was supposed to bring dinner to my neighbor. I tried not to cry while somehow managing to get through checkout. What a nightmare.
p.s. Gustavo is gone again. He's been gone 9 weeks of the last 7 months.

4 comments:

Brittany said...

I'm so sorry...Braylee has given me many fat lips and black eyes. Don't you just love toddlers! That's not fun that Gustavo is gone. How long is he gone. Derek's in Japan for 2 weeks, so I'm doing the single mom thing too. Good Luck!!

Alysha said...

I'm sorry Syd. There must be something in the air, because Makaylee's been on one too. Hopefully it's just a phase! A quick one!

Jason and Kristin said...

Oh, you poor thing. Don't worry about all the people staring at you in the line at walmart. They're just thinking how glad they are that it isn't them with the fat lip!

Jason and Kristin said...

I misplace your phone # and plans have changed a little for today so if you get this will you just give me a call. :)