Thursday, January 14, 2010

love you forever

As I feed Ella her bedtime bottle we cuddle in an oversized arm chair. Occasionally she falls asleep in my arms. In those peaceful moments as I look at her soft features and kiss her smooth skin I feel flooded with emotion. I often think of Robert Munch's book Love You Forever, "I'll like you forever, I'll love you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be." I imagine cradling my sweet Ella through the different stages of her life. Everyone talks about the immediate love that you feel for your baby the first moment you hold her in your arms, but I had no idea how much that love would continue to grow and deepen.

3 comments:

Holmes Family said...

This is beautiful Syd. I feel the same way about my children.

Alysha said...

So sweet. I love being a mom and snuggling my little one.

Natalie Duerden said...

I love those moments too. You are such a great mom Syd. We need to plan a time to get together soon. I'm sorry we didn't plan something while Jenn was here, but I would still love to see you and meet Ella.