Monday, May 18, 2009

3 Months

Three months is a magical age. I can't believe how much fun Ella is right now. The colic seems to be over. (YES! No more screaming and crying for hours on end.) She still occasionally has a rough time with gas, but it is nothing like the colic. Ella sleeps in her crib for naps and bedtime. She wakes up a few times at night, but I don't even care. The fact that she isn't in our bed feels so great that I'm not worrying about that at all. She smiles at us lots during the day, but isn't quite ready to share those smiles with the world yet. We still get so surprised when she won't smile much around our friends or family. Oh well, at least she shares them with us! She is starting to like some toys and is entertained by them for up to 30 minutes at a time. Again, INCREDIBLE. I went from never having a minute to myself to getting alone time during naps (30-45 minutes every three hours), after she is down for bed (about 8 o'clock until I go to sleep), and for about 30 minutes after each feeding. It is like a whole new world. Ella is also starting to giggle. So far she has laughed the longest for Jessica, her babysitter. Jessica was really sweet and taped it for us so maybe she'll be willing to let me post it one of these days if we can't record it ourselves. This weekend we tried really hard and she was definitely giggling, but it wasn't quite as long so I couldn't capture it. I grabbed the camera a little too late, but here is the video- we still think it is cute!

0 comments: