Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Gratitude

Don't you just love all of the little things in life that make your day? Here are the top 10 for today:

10. At Costco I got a book with their Thanksgiving weekend sales and the Kitchen Aid mixer I want will be $50 less.
9. I'm getting closer to deciding on my crib. I still haven't bought it, but I think I know what I'll do. Also, the bedding I like is on Ebay so I plan on being part of the inevitable bidding war this Saturday. Maybe I'll get lucky.
8. The weather here has been beautiful- about 60 degrees.
7. I was worried that over the last 2 weeks I'd gained lots of weight because I haven't been to the gym. At my doctors appointment I was happy to see that I've gained 11 lbs. That is what I was hoping for!
6. I only have 2 more days of school this week and only 2 days next week!
5. My kids are starting to write letters to me now so I get little notes like the one today that said "I like you. I wish you cood be my taechaer forevr. Frum ..." There is a labeled picture to go along with it of the student and "Gonzolis". Those are the best!
4. Thanks to my sweet neighbor Briti, I have a new SIMPLE recipe for pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Here it is:
1 spice cake mix
1 small can (15 oz.) of pumpkin
1 cup of chocolate chips
Mix those 3 ingredients and drop by spoonful on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 16-18 minutes. How simple is that!
3. I bought a really cute maternity sweater at Old Navy for only $12. What a deal! I almost bought 2 just because it was so great.
2. Today I filled up my tank for $20.69. Who thought gas would come down so much?
1. At our ultrasound yesterday we found out that our little girl (Ella?) has a "beautiful" heart and that everything looks great. Hooray!

2 comments:

Don said...

Syd,
I enjoyed that, especially #1. Thanks for sharing. Say hi to Gustavo for us.
Love,
Uncle Doug

John and Megan said...

That was a great post Syd, I think those are great things to be thankful for. Have a happy Thanksgiving!