I have had the main plan for a nursery in my head for years now, far before we started trying to have a baby. That isn't very surprising coming from me though is it! I chose the colors and started painting before I found out I was pregnant (the day before to be exact). My mom is amazing and she helped us tremendously. I must say that Gustavo has been wonderful as well. I usually take control of the home projects, but I've needed more help with this one and he has really stepped in. Here is what we have so far:
I LOVE IT! We bought a bookshelf and baskets from IKEA and ordered our changing table on Saturday. We planned to order the crib on Saturday as well, but when we went to Salt Lake to see the crib we thought we wanted neither of us liked it. We are now trying to decide what to do. Here are my top 3 options along with each choice's pros and cons. I'd LOVE your input so please comment!
Option #1
Pros: This is black and would match the other furniture well. I should be able to get a good price on it. Yolanda bought a black Da Vinci crib and it looks great and seems to be a high quality crib.
Cons: I can't see it in person. I don't know if the back seems awkwardly high?
Option #2- but the color would be espresso, not this light stain
Pros: This crib is beautiful! The picture doesn't do it justice. I've seen it in baby rooms online and in person and I always love it. It is very high quality and Gustavo and I love it.
Cons: It is the most expensive and the color is espresso, so it wouldn't match the black changing table or black/brown IKEA bookshelf perfectly. I don't know if that bothers me though. It doesn't come with the toddler rails and the other 2 do (do I really care though?)
Option #3
Pros: I think it looks really nice. It was one I was initially drawn to when I first started looking at cribs. It is a great price (on sale right now for $50 off regular price). It comes with toddler rails. It would be a great headboard when it converts to a full size bed.
Cons: Again, I can't see it in person. It only has one review. The review is extremely positive, but there is only one. I don't know about the quality of the crib. I don't like the small metal plates on the front of the crib.
I don't know which one to choose, but I think I like #2 and #3 the best. Gustavo is strongly leading towards crib #2 and when we were in the store I said "this would be my dream crib"- that is how much I loved it when I saw it. I plan on using the crib for all of my children and then using it as a full size bed eventually. I don't know if I'll ever use it as a toddler bed or day bed though. I like them all for different reasons and like I said, I would love to hear what you all think!
Before Time Swallows the Memories
6 months ago


4 comments:
hmmmmmmmm. I think you have a tough decision because honestly I like them all. I like #2 probably the best, but I also like #1 a lot. Though if you want everything to match the other furniture maybe go with one od the others? Tough!
I love the color of your nursery! You'll have to post a picture of it when everything is ready minus the baby!
I'm all for #1 and #3 is a close secong. If all your other furniture is black/brown color (our IKEA furniture is that color) the espresso won't cut it. It will bug you everytime you walk into the nursery.
As for the bed converting into a toddler bed and eventually a full bed is nice. But let me speak from experience, you will only use the toddler bed part for your last child (maybe) and by the time you need a full bed head rest the crib will be so banged up and damaged you probably won't want to use it.
I hope this helps, oh and the back on #1 is not too high. Bailey's crib is like that and I've never thought it was too high.
Hi Sydney and Gustavo. This is Aunt Stacey. I discovered your blog after being on Megan and John's and Emily and Cory's. I love all of your blogs and have enjoyed getting caught up and staying informed. Congratulations on the upcoming events. This is very exciting! The nursery looks awesome. I love the color and particularly like the white accent. If I may put in my two cents worth, I chose crib #1.
Hey Syd. I love the nursery. Is that bead board on the bottom? I don't know too much about cribs because we still don't have one, but I like 1 or 3, especially if it will match your other furniture. I think they are all great though. How fun. How are you feeling? Hope everything is going well for you guys.
Post a Comment