Monday, August 1, 2011

two weeks

 It is amazing how much I've forgotten about newborns!  At this point we are just trying to figure out eating and sleeping.  Sophia is a good nurser.  The only problem we've really had, besides initial discomfort on my part, is that she wants to eat more than she can handle.  Sophie seems to have a little bit of reflux so we are just trying to help her deal with that.  Sleep on the other hand hasn't been quite as easy.  I forgot how sleep deprivation affects me!  It is so hard not to sleep (especially since my headaches are back!)  After Ella was born I read about every book and article I could get my hands on about sleep and I've forgotten so much of it that I've found myself re-reading favorite books and trying to decide how strict I want to be this time around.  We are also trying to train ourselves to sleep through her grunting!  She is the loudest baby I've ever heard! In general, Sophie seems to be an easy baby.  I realize it is still too early to tell much, but she seems to be a pretty content girl. 
 We took Sophia in for her two week appointment and were excited to see how much she has grown.  She is so long and skinny!  We thought she looked like Ella at first, but we are noticing a lot of differences the bigger she gets.
Length: 21 inches
Weight: 8 lbs. 1 oz.
Head Circ: 35 cm
 Sophie doesn't love being swaddled.  She works as hard as she can to get her arms free so she can turn and sleep on her side.  I think she looks adorable!

11 comments:

Rod and Jess said...

She is beautiful!

Jason and Kristin said...

She is adorable!

Alysha said...

She is so sweet! I love that she likes to sleep on her side. I am really sorry your headaches are back and for your lack of sleep. Both are not fun. Let me know if I can help watch the girls while you nap!

Brittany said...

She is so precious! I love how cute she looks when she sleeps. So sorry about the lack of sleep...I hate that about having a newborn. Hopefully she starts learning to sleep at night. My girls are super noisy newborns too...I couldn't handle it.

Amber said...

She is adorable!! I love having a newborn around, and it's fun to hear how similar things are at your house! No sleep!! Hooray!! Soon enough you'll both be sleeping through the night!

Jamie Meacham said...

Syd she is beautiful! Oh what a dolly! I am so excited for you :) Congrats on bringing another darling gal to the world! Good luck with the sleeping and eating. I remember that being the biggest adjustment. I can't imagine it with two kids.

lavenia.rareba@gmail.com said...

I love all that hair! So sweet!

Jesse said...

I'm so sad to hear that your headaches are back! Are they getting any better by now? Love this post!

Erica said...

She is so so cute! I can't wait to meet her:) I'll be there September 13th-22nd. I don't have the invitation but I'm guessing the reception will be in Provo so I will stop to see you on the way. The wedding is on the 16th by the way. Anyways, can't wait to see you!

Natalie Duerden said...

I haven't checked blogs in so long and it was so fun to see that your little Sophie is here. She looks so beautiful. I'm so sorry about the terrible labor and the headaches. I hope you get feeling better soon. We have loved having 2 girls. I'm sure they will be best friends in no time. We really need to plan to get together sometime. It would be great to see you.

Hudson Family said...

She is soooo cute Syd! Love her already!