When I think of the true characters of Megan and Eleanor, the two sisters whose names Ella carries, I see many similarities. Both of these sisters are very service oriented. As we were growing up Eleanor was always very affected by what she would see or hear about. I remember her always wanting to help save those in the world who were living in difficult conditions. In fact, I always thought she would choose to be in the medical field because that seemed to fit her passions so well, but she chose to get her degree in graphic design (art has always been another talent of hers.) Eleanor is still a very sensitive soul. When she sees someone struggling in person or through the media it is very common for her to start crying and sympathize with them. Megan and her husband John are both very proactive. They met in Africa on a study abroad and since then John has traveled all over the world doing research for his degrees (he just finished his PhD at Penn State.) Megan is always serving those around her. She faithfully serves in many different capacities in the church, but she is also an incredible friend and neighbor to everyone she meets. Both of these sisters, okay all of my sisters, are intimidatingly intelligent. Meg and Eleanor both earned and kept full scholarships to BYU with their ridiculous ACT scores and grades. Meg got her degrees in Art History and Eleanor just finished her Bachelor of Fine Arts. Last summer El did her internship in New York at Martha Stewart. They are obviously both very talented. I hope that as Ella grows up she knows that she has the potential to be anything she wants. She is surrounded by incredible people on both sides of the family who will always love and support her.
Before Time Swallows the Memories
4 months ago


6 comments:
You need to post a pic of all your sisters. I didn't realize you had sooooo many! And I need more info about the Martha Stewart thing. I have a sister and brother in law at Penn state right now. Does your sister still live out there?
Yes, my sister Megan Collins and her husband John still live in State College. What is your sisters name?
Jason's sister's name is Shalece Johnson and her husband is Bryan. Small world.
I hope that means she will also be hilarious like El. I think it probably does.
I did not know she was named after Eleanor. Very sweet! Ella is such a beautiful little girl. I love all the pictures you post.
That made me cry. Thank you for being so generous in your compliments. I only hope I can live up to them. I know that I feel awed by our amazing sisters, and I'm so proud of you and all that you do. I also thought it was funny that you thought El would be in the medical profession, I always thought she'd be a vet because she always had such a soft spot for animals! Remember the Earnest movie?
Post a Comment