Wednesday, February 15, 2012

princess party

Kinsley, Aimee, Ella, Abby, Gabe, & Makaylee 
Gabe helped Ella blow out the candles (marshmallow in his mouth and all)
Each of the kids helped Ella open the gift they brought

 Ella has wanted a princess party for over a year now.  I had SO MUCH fun putting it together with lots of help from my mom. For Christmas this year my family did a service exchange instead of our traditional gift exchange.  My parents got our family and as our gift my mom made Ella's birthday cake, eclairs, chocolate covered Oreos, play dough (for gift bags), and a pin the kiss on the frog game.  We invited Ella's friends from preschool along with Gabe and Makaylee.  We were so excited they could all come and that they dressed up in such fun princess and prince costumes.  We had a great time playing frog, frog, princess (our version of duck, duck, goose), "Who's got the button?", pin the kiss on the frog, and having a tea party.  Ella talked about her princess party for weeks before her birthday and after all of her friends left, she asked if we could have one again later that night.  She had a great time and so did we.  We love our little princess and are so lucky to be her parents.

7 comments:

Aimee said...

SOOOO cute, Sydney! It looks like she had the best time.

Yolanda said...

I love those pictures of Ella, she does look just like a princess, and the party looked great. Gabriel was also asking for Ella to have another princess party that night:)

Brittany said...

So darling! And I love her cake.

Mr. & Mrs. Gillespie said...

How fun! I also love the cake!

Marie said...

I forgot about "whose got the button" game.

Jamie Meacham said...

So cute! I have a feeling that will be what we do for emmy's party next year. I love your house by the way. I am starting to decide how I want to decorate mine and I really just want to take your house and transplant it to mine!

Jesse said...

What a darling party! Sad we missed it!