Tuesday, July 5, 2011

progress

36 weeks
Part of me can't believe how close I am to my due date and another part of me is anxious to see how everything goes the second time around.  On Sunday night I realized how quickly she just may come.  At midnight as I was laying down to go to sleep I started having really painful contractions.  I tried to just rest thinking they would go away.  They were so painful that I couldn't sit still and I was fearing that I might have really been in labor.  I decided to go and get a few things done just in case.  My contractions continued.  They were at least a minute long and seemed to be occurring within 5 minutes of each other.  At 2:40 I decided I would try to lay down because although the contractions continued to happen frequently, they were only lasting about 30 seconds.  I fell asleep at around 3 in the morning and woke up contracting again at 5, but after that I didn't have anything else.  I was so relieved that I hadn't gone into labor, but curious to go get checked at my appointment this week.  I went to see my doctor today and found out that the baby is head down, but still pretty high.  I am dilated to a 4, but only 50% effaced.  I'm trying to make sure that I get as much done as I can in case she comes soon, but also trying not to get too anxious!

4 comments:

Emily said...

so excited for sophie to come. we are going to be in utah Aug 9-11 for brent's wedding. You'll probably have a 10 or 25 day old cutie by then. i'd love to meet her if you're up for visitors. i wish you well with an easy delivery!

Brittany said...

You look so cute!

Rod and Jess said...

Your tummy is so cute! You look amazing pregnant! Can't wait to hear all about her! I hope it's soon for your sake - but not too soon! :)

Britney said...

You look so cute! Good luck with everything! I hope the labor and delivery all goes well for you. Can't wait to see pictures of this cute little girl!