Monday, May 30, 2011

nesting

When I was about 11 weeks into my pregnancy and realized that I was actually going to regain my energy and stop feeling gross I started going crazy with my "to do" lists.  I am always a crazy list maker, but add in pregnancy hormones and it has been intense! I made one big "nesting list" and have made about 30 smaller lists pertaining to the nesting list.  I have put everything on the lists from small projects like cleaning out drawers, closets, and organizing recipes so I have everything either in a cookbook or on recipe cards (no more recipes that have been printed out or written down on random papers) to large projects like finishing the yard, painting, and decorating both girls' rooms. 

Along the way I've found plenty more small things to take up time and make me feel a bit more organized.  While I love the feeling of getting things done (there is NOTHING better than crossing things off lists- okay, maybe a few things) I am starting to feel slightly burned out.  I am hoping to reach a point of satisfaction pretty soon here.  I still need to organize the garage, but my dad took me out this weekend to buy the peg board and wood I'll need for that.  I also want to make a few more freezer meals.  The rest of the lists are all things I need to buy for this little baby so I can knock that out in a day or two and have been waiting because I feel a little anxious buying some of that stuff this early.  It has been great having the motivation and energy to get so much done.  This weekend as we were laying sod I was thinking about how much we've done to make this house our home and I was very satisfied.  We've put a lot of us into the home within a year. 

6 comments:

Brittany said...

I don't even get that much done not pregnant :) You are awesome! Hope the pregnancy is going well.

Jason and Kristin said...

Sod already! You really have been getting things done!

Amber said...

You are incredible! Now that I'm done with preschool, I'm starting to get the nesting bug and get organized in my house. You are total inspiration to me to get things done, decorated, and organized. I love it!

Jamie Meacham said...

I love lists too! I love how you are so organized. I can't believe you already have everything ready for your little girl! I think it is the teacher in you!

Dave & Lavenia Gillespie said...

:) I want to see some pregnant pictures! How are you feeling? Only 6 - 8 weeks left, right?!

Ann said...

I'm super impressed! Want to come over and organize my place?