I can't believe our little Ella is already 6 months old. It goes so fast, just like everyone warns. When Gustavo brought Ella to school last Friday all of my colleagues commented on how big she is because she is huge! She doesn't even look like a little baby. I can't believe it- she can sit in a shopping cart now. CRAZY. When we took her to see the pediatrician on August 14th we found out that she is consistently staying on top of the growth charts. Here are her current stats:
weight: 17 lbs. 4 oz. - above the 75th percentile
height: 27 inches - 95th percentile
head: 43.8 cm. - 90th percentile
At 6 months Ella's personality is continuing to blossom. We love her laugh and smile, but don't appreciate her high pitched screams! She can be very dramatic. Our friend's Kim and Trent came over for dinner the week we left for Florida and Ella's thigh barely poked into the corner of a kitchen chair and you would have thought her life was over. There wasn't even a mark on her leg, but she cried and screamed. I fear we have a drama queen in the making.
Ella is also a sweetheart. She cuddles with us and melts our hearts with her big cheesy smiles. She loves peek-a-boo, playing in the water, reading/eating books, and grabbing for everything. Ella LOVES paper or anything that she can rip apart and eat. She still isn't teething, but she loves to play with her mouth. Ella is constantly biting her bottom lip or sticking out her tongue. She also loves to suck her thumb. Up until last week she was consistently taking 3 naps a day that were at least 1 hour long, but lately she isn't sleeping longer than about 30 minutes at each nap. She started sleeping through the night right before she was 5 months old, but last week she started waking herself up by rolling over. Once she's rolled over she just screams. She has rolled back over in the past, but I think she might have rolled on the same side so in her crib if she tries doing that she just runs into the side. Needless to say we are working on teaching her to roll from her stomach to her back! Last night she slept the whole way through so I'm hoping that will continue. Who knows though! Every time I think we've solved a problem or gotten over something she reverts back for one reason or another. I guess that is life! We love watching Ella grow and develop. Parenthood is definitely the most exciting adventure we've ever embarked on.


6 comments:
Oh my goodness - where has time gone??? She is getting so big - and cuter every time you post! Good luck with the drama queen thing! We didn't start out as drama queens, but we have mastered it now! If only I had advice for that one! Thank goodness the adorable moments make it all worthwhile! It's fun to hear about all the ways she is changing and growing!
Syd your baby is sooo cute! I can't believe she's 6 months old already. I have a drama queen, yikes, lookout! She is mellowing out now, but oh man!!! Anyway, Ella is adorable. Glad that she is so sturdy and healthy! Always a blessing.
It's so funny that she sticks out her tounge... I love it! I hear she's been playing with Gabe! We miss them SO much!!!
I remember the shopping cart being a big milestone! No worries about the schedule stuff. As soon as you get something down they ALWAYS change. I guess it keeps us on our toes!
It looks like your trip was incredible!! Ella is just the cutest little girl ever! Time does fly by. It seems like you just had her like 2 weeks ago!
She is adorable! Don't worry my second (skye) is a major drama queen and its funny becasue i love it! I think its so funny when she is so dramatic about the smallest things. Faith wasn't a drama queen so don't worry not every kid is dramatic. Its kind of fun when some of them are though!
Post a Comment